I had Dandruff and I know how annoying it is. But not anymore. I’m here to share how I got rid of it with my very own personal experience. I’m here to share my tips and tricks to remove dandruff and white flakes from your hair.
If you are suffering from Dandruff, you are in the right place. We are all tired of hearing theses kind of questions like “what’s that powdered stuff on your shoulder?”, “Is that dandruff!!” or even like “I know the best dermatologist here, do you want an appointment?” Yes, it always blew our gasket! And who is not ashamed to scratch our head in public. As a matter of fact, I’m writing this for people like me who had been killing their game due to dandruff.
Effective Tips And Tricks To Get Rid Of Dandruff Naturally
Dandruff is a chronic and common condition that is faced by most of the people nowadays. We have tried every way to get rid of this. But in order to get rid of Dandruff, we need to understand the cause of Dandruff. We need to have a bird’s-eye view to sort this scenario. If we don’t take care of this with all seriousness, this can cause deep damage and can even cause hair fall which results being bald. This can be extremely embarrassing for people like us. Sometimes dandruff is difficult to treat as well.
The Good news is that dandruff can be taken care easily by understanding its cause and with the help of simple routines. Let us see what causes this dandruff and how can we avoid them. Don’t worry. I will help you to get rid of this nasty flakes and itching plus I’m going to answer all your questions here.
What are the causes of dandruff?
We need to understand that dandruff is not only caused by dryness. Whenever we feel like our skin is itchy, the first thing we always do is to search for a moisturizer. Our dead skin cells are always replaced by a new one. When the number of new cells increases and the shedding cells decrease, this causes the flakes. In some cases, the growth of yeast can also cause dandruff, which might need the supervision of a doctor.
We need to understand that there are a couple of avoidable reasons which causes dandruff. They are:
Yes, a busy day and mental stress can cause severe dandruff. Make sure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep for the self-rejuvenation of cells. If not, it can even cause Alopecia Areata, losing large clumps of hair from the scalp and can cause dandruff.
2. Poor immune system
Sometimes our immune system attacks our hair follicles, killing our hair and scalp. If you observe the loss of hair either on your face, hair, skin, this must be due to a weak immune system. The health of our immune system can be increased by
- Doing regular exercise
- Get the required amount of sleep
- No smoking
- No drinking
- Drink tons of water
- Don’t eat junk food.
3. Poor hygiene
Poor hygiene can definitely cause dandruff and other scalp diseases.
- Always use clean water to wash your hair.
- Make sure that you wash your hair properly with a mild shampoo. Growth of yeast can be caused due to an abundance of oil in your scalp which can cause white flakes.
- Don’t over-wash your hair that can reduce the natural moisture content in hair which can cause dryness.
- Make sure that you massage your scalp well to remove all the dead cells.
- Dry your hair with a clean towel. Make sure that you don’t use someone else tower.
4. Get sufficient brushing
Combing your hair is beneficial in many ways. Regular combing of hair can distribute the oil, serum, and nutrients evenly through your scalp. Brushing can help to remove the dead cells and dirt from the scalp. It can give good exercise to the scalp and increases blood flow. This can even help you to promote hair growth.
5. Cold weather
Yes, you heard it right. Cold weather can cause your scalp to dry out fast. This causes your skin to be itchy. This condition can be worsened if not taken care with proper seriousness.
- Make sure that your scalp doesn’t get dried out.
- Don’t wash your hair using bar soap.
- Make sure that you use mild products to apply on hair.
- Try to wear a hat while going out.
- Oil your hair to keep up the moisture content.
Sometimes the weather wouldn’t be the reason for your evergreen dandruff problem. And most of the time, we get rid of dandruff using a couple of products. And it comes back as vengeance again causing more flakes.
We should understand that our diet has a major impact on the health of our skin which can cause serious damage. I’m going to help you in figuring out a perfect diet here.
1. Increase zinc intake: Our hair produces an oil called sebum to protect our scalp. But when the production of sebum increases, it can cause dandruff. Zinc can control the production of sebum. But zinc needs vitamin b6 for proper digestion. It comes from
- Wholegrain cereals such as oatmeal
- Wheat germ
- Poultry, such as chicken or turkey
- Soya beans
Make sure that you consume these in your diet to control the sebum.
2. Control your sugar intake: A sugar can worsen your dandruff. Sugar can promote the growth of yeast on the scalp even causes an overgrowth of yeast. Sugar can increase the production of sebum which results in dandruff. Make sure that you don’t consume oily, fatty, fried food and sugar to reduce the white flakes on your hair.
3. Here is some anti-dandruff food:
Now we all got to know what kind of food to be avoided. But here are some list of food that will help you to prevent dandruff
- Tea Tree Oil (helps you to reduce the itchiness and smoothens the scalp)
- Use Coconut Oil (helps you to keep your hair naturally moisturized)
- Apply Aloe Vera ( use 1tsp of aloe Vera and 1 tsp of lime to make dandruff disappears)
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar(mix it with water to apple on your hair, this can remove yeast from your scalp)
- Eat More Probiotics.
- Consume of Omega-3s.
What are the best home remedies to remove dandruff?
- Make sure that you shampoo more often to remove excess oil.
- Make sure that you drink tons of water. This can keep your skin and scalp from getting dry. If you itch, don’t stretch it. This can make it worse.
- Use lemon: Lemon is an excellent anti-fungal agent for treating dandruff. It helps to maintain the ph level on the scalp. Apple lemon on the scalp for 20-25 minutes before bathing. Then rinse with cold water to close the pores. Do this regularly for a month to get a healthy scalp with no dandruff. You can also use lemon juice with yogurt, coconut oil, and orange peels. This can remove dandruff permanently.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil at night and massage for 15 minutes. Once you apply this helps to maintain the moisture level which helps to keep the scalp away from getting dried. Oil can be mixed with lime to remove dandruff permanently.
- Olive oil: Scared of white flakes? Applying olive oil before going to a party can make the white flakes disappear. Apply a few drops of olive oil on the scalp and wait for 20 minutes. Then comb your hair and you can see dandruff puffing out.
These are the basic tips and tricks which I had used to clear my dandruff. I have tried all these and I’m sure this will work for you too. Make sure that you act now without getting into a worse condition.