Your heart starts breathing wild, throat pleading for water and everything seems strange and unreal. You get scared and freak out in the middle of nowhere. This sudden mental condition is called a Panic Attack. I’m sure we have all heard about “panic attack” either as a joke told by someone or from the ironman movies or have experienced by someone we know. Do you suffer from Panic attack? Well, if you do, I’m the most likely person to help you with that. The panic attack had ruined my life in many ways. I had been always looking forward to a solution to stop my anxiety. There where misinformation and wrong advice from everywhere. Everyone said Panic Attack can only be treated with medication which is big nonsense.
Causes, Symptoms, And Remedies To Stop A Panic Attack
Pain Attack can be really scary and can even affect our day to day life and its routines. When a Panic Attack is frequent and occurs unexpectedly in multiple numbers of times, it is called Panic Disorder. If we don’t take care of this with proper care, this can ruin your life. I don’t want anyone to go through something worse which I had been through. Our body is really fantastic. It gives us an idea about everything and anything. No matter how long you been facing Panic Attacks, we can overcome it with a couple of changes in our lifestyle. A Panic Attack can reach its peak in 10minutes after experiencing it and can take up to an hour to diminish.
Symptoms of Panic Attack
Just like I said before, Panic Attack is all sudden experience but you may experience a couple of symptoms while experiencing a Panic Attack. Those are:
- Tightness in your throat
- Chest pain
- Trouble swallowing
- Hot flashes
- Chest pain or discomfort.
- Nausea or abdominal distress.
- Feeling dizzy
- Unsteady and lightheaded
- Trembling and shaking.
- Fear of dying.
- Sense of danger
- Fear of losing control
- Shortness of breath
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal cramping
- Sense of impending doom or danger
- Fear of loss of control or death
- Rapid, pounding heart rate
- Trembling or shaking
Causes of Panic Attack
There are many varied causes of Panic Attack. Panic Attack can be caused by a person with no history of suffering from any family members. If Panic Attacks are not treated properly, it can end up in panic disorder. Prevention is better than cure. Here are a couple of things which can cause a Panic Attack. They are:
- Too much amount of stress in life.
- Have experience physical or sexual abuse in childhood.
- Have faced some traumatic experience like rape, terrorist attack or accident.
- Smoking and drinking
- Inherited Panic Disorder from family.
- Damage in brain functions
- financial pressures
- child or spouse with serious illness
- Problems with peer and relationships
- Social isolation
- Eating problems
- Domestic abuse
These are a couple of least causes of Panic Attack. As I said before, prevention is better than cure.
How can we stop the Panic Attack?
There is no proper causes or reasons for the Panic attack. If you have faced at least two Panic Attack, then we should be worried about it. You need to find what triggers it and need to avoid those. If we don’t take care of this at the utmost care, this can turn to Panic Disorder which is regular and frequent occurring of Panic Disorder. We need to note when it started and what causes it. We also need to check with our family whether anyone has faced the same problem. Stress management technique is the best way to control Panic attack before it turns out to be a Panic disorder. Let us check on a couple of things that can help you to get rid of Panic Attack. These are the steps we need to take care of for getting rid of Panic Attack.
- Medicines: While you are on medication, it can be relaxing or even help you more. But having long term medication can cause serious health disorders. It is important to avoid that. As I have said, Stress management can be the best technique. I will help you with that as well. Make sure that you don’t overdose yourself with the medicine. Let us not lean on medication rather, we have better ways to get rid of Panic Attack. We will discuss stress management techniques at the end.
- Manage your stress: Half of our stress is unwanted. If we are able to avoid those unwanted level of stress, it would be a great relief from Panic Attack and even migraine. These are tools like yoga, meditation and breathing techniques that can help you to lower your stress level. We will discuss more this technique at the end.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise can be good for your stress as well as maintaining physical activeness. Exercise improves the conditions of our brain in many ways and helps us to stay away from Panic attacks. Experts have proved that doing aerobic exercise regularly can decrease your stress level, improve your sleep and help you to maintain a positive attitude. Even three minutes of exercise can stimulate the anti-anxiety level.
- Have proper sleep timing: Make sure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep every day. Working for long hours is very stressful and it cuts into the usual hours of sleep. This can affect your sleeping pattern as well as the function of your brain. Make sure that you get enough sleep every day. Good sleep can tackle any stress and give you a good sleep.
Make sure that your set time in a way to get at least 8 hours of sleep. Hit your bed at least 15 minutes before the time set. This can stop the night awakening. Turn off your cell phone and any gadgets near your bed. Make sure that you end all your call and work before after scheduled time. Keep your room calm and away from distractions and noise.
- Eat only healthy food: Food can be your enemies as well as allies. It can control your stress level. Unhealthy eating style can skyrocket your stress level.
Here is a couple of food that can actually lower your stress immediately:
- Herbal tea
- Dark chocolate
- Warm milk
- Leafy vegetables.
Add these to your diet to reduce your stress level. Make sure that you control your sugar intake level as well. A hike in sugar level in blood can induce fatigue insomnia, anxiety, and even trouble concentrating
- , Reduce your caffeine intake: Caffeine can stimulate and intensify the stress hormone in our body. It can impact our physical and physiological state negatively. Consumption of caffeine can damage the hippocampus and can cause cellular atrophy. Caffeine blocks the hormone which makes you feel tired. This can cause the release of adrenaline. Too much release of adrenaline causes a panic attack. Make sure that you don’t overdose with caffeine.
- No smoking: Many of us smokes to reduce our stress level. But in reality, it increases the stress level in our body. We know that nicotine control our mood and it is linked with nicotine withdrawal. In reality, smoking breaks out the nicotine withdrawal symptoms, make sure that you quit smoking. It would be very difficult for the first few days. But if you can resist for 15 days, the result is amazing. In a few months, your body will not urge for nicotine which results in getting rid of Panic Attack.
- No blacking out: You might think that alcohol is the best mate to make you calmer and step you away from stress. It is not an effective method to control your stress or anxiety. Limit the amount of drink. Chronic alcohol consumption can lead to chronic stress. Larger consumption of alcohol can end up in panic disorder.
- Breathing technique: Belly breathing I the best and easy exercise to relieve stress.
- Lie flat on the floor in your comfortable position.
- Put one hand on your belly and the other hand on your chest.
- Take a deep breath through the nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
- Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly, and use it to push all the air out.
- Do this breathing 9 to 115 times. Take your time with each breath and understand the rhythm.
- You will feel better after a couple of days.